Nonstick cooking spray
1/4 cup applesauce
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons dried egg mix (or 1 egg)
2 ripe bananas, mashed
2 tablespoons water
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup blueberries or strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine applesauce, sugar, dried egg mix, banana, and water. Mix well.
- In a large bowl mix flours, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the applesauce mixture to the bowl with the dry ingredients; mix just until the batter is moist.
- Gently add berries into the mixture.
- Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 full of batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until lightly brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes and remove from pan.