Baked lentils, vegetables, and cheese make a complete vegetarian dinner in one dish.
1 cup lentils (rinsed)
3/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 ground black pepper (1/4 teaspoon, optional)
1/2 cup onion (chopped)
1/4 garlic powder (1/4 teaspoon, optional)
1 can tomatoes
2 carrots (thinly sliced)
1/2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Combine lentils, water, seasonings, onion, and tomatoes.
- Place in 2 quart casserole dish.
- Cover tightly with lid or foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add carrots. Stir.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes longer.
- Remove cover and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake, uncovered 5 minutes, until cheese melts.
Learn more about: