3 apples (such as Honeycrisp, cored and cut into 1” chunks and unpeeled)
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 lemon (juiced)
1/2 cup old fashion oats
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 cup pistachios (unsalted, chopped)
2 tablespoons margarine or butter (melted)
- Place rack in center of oven and preheat to 350 ºF.
- Place sliced apples, raisins, and lemon juice in 8” x 8” pan or baking dish; toss.
- In a bowl, mix remaining ingredients except melted margarine.
- Add melted margarine and mix until texture is consistent. Sprinkle over apple-raisin mixture.
- Bake uncovered 45-50 minutes or until apples are tender.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with an 8 oz. glass of fat-free (skim) milk, 3 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast, and ½ cup green beans.