This smoothie has protein-rich almonds and yogurt to give you lots of energy — and the cinnamon and vanilla gives it a rich sweetness that might remind you of a favorite dessert!
Sharp knife (adult needed)
Blender (adult needed)
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons raw almonds*
- 1⁄2 apple, cored and sliced
- 1 overripe banana, sliced (frozen if possible)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ice cubes
Put all the ingredients in the blender.
Put the top on tightly. Turn on the blender to medium speed and blend until the ice is chopped and the mixture is smooth, 30-60 seconds.
Divide the smoothie equally between 2 glasses and serve right away, or store in a thermos or covered in the refrigerator up to 4 hours.
1. Peel an overripe banana.
2. Use a butter knife to slice it into thin rounds.
3. Put the slices in a resealable plastic bag and put it in the freezer.