1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 chicken breast (whole, skinless, boneless)
1 can diced tomatoes (14 1/2 oz., with juice)
1 cup chili sauce
1 green pepper (chopped, large)
2 celery stalk (chopped)
1 onion (chopped)
2 garlic clove (minced)
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon parsley (dried)
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat pan over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet). Add vegetable oil and chicken and cook until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (3-5 minutes).
- Reduce heat to medium (300 degrees in electric skillet).
- Add tomatoes with juice, chili sauce, green pepper, celery, onion, garlic, basil, parsley, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve over hot, cooked rice or whole wheat pasta.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Learn more about: