1 1/2 pounds chuck steak (boneless, 1 1/2 inches thick)
1 garlic clove (peeled and minced)
1/4 cup wine vinegar
1 teaspoon brown sugar (1 Tablespoon)
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1 salt (1 teaspoon, optional)
1 teaspoon dry or prepared mustard
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Cut the beef on a diagonal, across the grain into slices 1 inch wide and place in a slow cooker.
2. Combine the remaining ingredients and pour over the meat.
3. Mix the meat and sauce together.
4. Cover and cook on low for 3 to 5 hours.
5. Serve on toasted hamburger buns with a mixed green salad.
Learn more about garlic.