1 tablespoon oil
1 onion (chopped)
2 celery stalk (sliced thin)
2 carrot (peeled and sliced thin)
1 cup potato (cut into pieces)
2 cups mushroom (sliced)
1/2 cup barley, quick cooking
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon thyme (ground)
3 cups chicken broth (low sodium)
2 cups water
1 tablespoon parsley (chopped fresh)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Heat oil in large soup pot over high heat. Sauté onion, celery, carrots and mushrooms until golden, about 4 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except for the parsley and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to a simmer and cook until the barley is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle parsley on top of soup and serve hot.