12 ounces mozzarella string cheese (fat-free)
1/2 cup milk (1% low fat)
1/2 teaspoon oregano (dried)
1/2 teaspoon basil (dried)
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup marinara sauce (prepared, warmed)
cooking spray (non-stick)
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Preheat oven to 350°.
3. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
4. Remove cheese from package and cut into bite size pieces.
5. In a small non-stick skillet mix oregano and basil with bread crumbs.
6. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until crumbs are lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
7. Dip each piece of cheese in milk and then into toasted bread crumbs, coating completely.
8. Place on baking sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart.
9. Spray string cheese lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
10. Bake 5-6 minutes or until heated through. (cheese may melt slightly and lose shape. Simply press it back into place).
11. Dip in warmed marinara sauce and enjoy.