Doesn’t the word “confetti” give you a happy kind of parade feeling? Us too. Orzo is a small rice-shaped pasta that’s fun to eat. Get whole-wheat orzo if you can find it, since it’s more flavorful and healthy.
Sharp knife (adult needed)
Grater (adult needed)
Wooden spoon or rubber spatula
- 3 cups cooked orzo, cooled
- 1⁄4 cup lightly toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, grated or chopped
- 1 carrot, scrubbed and grated or sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Put all the ingredients in the mixing bowl and stir well.
Serve right away or cover and refrigerate up to 2 days.
Add or substitute mushrooms, olives, onions, cucumbers, or any other vegetable you like!