1 cup brown or white rice, cooked
2 teaspoons parsley, dried (or 2 Tablespoons fresh, finely chopped)
1/2 teaspoon black pepper (ground)
1/4 clove garlic (finely chopped)
1 tablespoon Ranch dressing, fat-free
2 tablespoons mayonnaise, fat-free
1 cup apple or cantaloupe (cut into chunks)
1/3 cup grape halves (red or purple, cut into chunks)
1/2 cup celery (chopped)
1 1/4 cups chicken, cooked (cut into bite-size pieces)
6 lettuce leaves
- Wash your hands with soap and water.
- If not using leftover or “planned over” rice – cook rice according to package directions without adding salt. Chill.
- In a serving bowl, mix parsley, black pepper, garlic, dressing, and mayonnaise together.
- Add cooled rice, apple, grapes, celery, and chicken. Stir gently.
- Serve cold on a bed of clean lettuce leaves, if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
A child could wash the fruit and help remove the seeds.
Note: Recipe analysis was done using brown rice.
Learn more about: