1 pound whole wheat pasta shells
8 cups water
2 cups chopped cauliflower
1 1/2 cups milk, non-fat
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup cheese, low-fat
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Fill 1 pot with 6 cups of water and bring to a boil. Once the water is boiling, add pasta and cook for 8 minutes.
- Drain pasta and fill the same pot with 2 cups of water, bring to a boil.
- Place the chopped cauliflower in the boiling water and cook until the florets are soft (about 4 minutes). Drain cauliflower.
- Placed the cooked cauliflower, 1/2 cup milk, and garlic salt in a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a separate pot, heat oil. Add the flour and whisk until the mixture is smooth. Add 1 cup of milk and cook the mixture until it bubbles and thickens. Add the cheese and cauliflower and mix.
- Once the mixture is complete, remove from heat. Add the pasta back into the sauce and serve.
Low-fat cheddar cheese used in nutrition analysis.
Learn more about