2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 clove garlic (minced, or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder)
1 teaspoon fresh ginger (minced, optional)
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 package tofu (firm or extra firm, water packed, 14 ounces, drained)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- 2. Drain water from tofu. Wrap tofu in paper towels. Let set for about 5 minutes.
- 3. While tofu is draining, combine soy sauce, garlic, ginger and vegetable oil in a small bowl.
- 4. Slice tofu into 1/2 inch thick slices. Place tofu slices on foil lined baking sheet.
- 5. Pour soy sauce mixture over tofu. Using a spatula or pancake turner, gently turn slices over to coat both sides with sauce.
- 6. Bake tofu for 15 minutes. Turn slices over and bake for another 15 minutes. Tofu should be light golden brown and firm.
- Serve hot in place of meat or cut into slices or cubes and add to a stir-fry, fried rice, soup or salad.