Green and red peppers top these festive pork chops.
6 pork chops (lean center-cut, 1/2-inch thick)
1 onion (medium, thinly sliced)
1/2 cup green pepper (chopped)
1/2 cup red pepper (chopped)
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Trim fat from pork chops. Place chops in a 13×9-inch baking pan.
- Spread onion and peppers on top of chops. Sprinkle with pepper and salt. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cover pan and cook 30 minutes.
- Uncover, turn chops and re-cover with onions and peppers, and continue cooking for an additional 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
Learn more about:
– Bell Peppers